1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pre-course tasks help!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by MrsK2806, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I have been given 2 sheets of A4 full of pre-course tasks that have to be completed before September. Most of them are simple enough but there are a couple that I have tried to find the stuff that has been requested and I can't find it.

Can anyone help please?

• Access www.qca.org.uk/curriculum and find a glossary of the terms used in the English KS3 framework. List all of the grammatical terms you are unfamiliar with and take steps to learn about these using appropriate texts.
    • Find 2 love poems, suitable for Year 8 students, which use different methods to convey the meaning of love. ICT - prepare suitable resources that help the students understand the different literary techniques and the meaning of the poems.
    I would be grateful for any help!

Kate

2. I have been given 2 sheets of A4 full of pre-course tasks that have to be completed before September. Most of them are simple enough but there are a couple that I have tried to find the stuff that has been requested and I can't find it.

Can anyone help please?

• Access www.qca.org.uk/curriculum and find a glossary of the terms used in the English KS3 framework. List all of the grammatical terms you are unfamiliar with and take steps to learn about these using appropriate texts.
    • Find 2 love poems, suitable for Year 8 students, which use different methods to convey the meaning of love. ICT - prepare suitable resources that help the students understand the different literary techniques and the meaning of the poems.
    I would be grateful for any help!

Kate