1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PRD

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by aypi, Oct 6, 2019.

1. aypi

aypi Established commenter

LOL.

2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Established commenter

GTF.

aypi likes this.
  3. aypi

aypi Established commenter

I was going to rant about the terribleness of the whole system of PRD, I had written two paragraphs. I realised that my opening was a far more eloquent summing up of the farce that is PRD and deleted the extra.
    Jimmy seems to be getting the same value from the process.

4. Marisha

Marisha Occasional commenter

I made a point of filling up the electronic survey I was sent by the GTCS, when my PRD coincided with my PU year. At least it gave me a chance to give vent.

sicilypat likes this.
  5. morrisseyritual

morrisseyritual Occasional commenter

It’s a good form for exposing the work done by subordinates for lazy managers. Departmental meeting minutes are a middle leader responsibility and unpromoted staff are performing a devolved/delegated management task by doing so. So always insert it as devolved management experience.
    It’s worth looking over the GTCS job description pack online - just google it you’ll find it - to read just how much stuff we happily nod along to and do as teachers is actually management work.

sicilypat and Marisha like this.
  6. AyeRight

AyeRight Occasional commenter

GTCS PRD material is an absolute moon-howling joke! All those circles and colours....no start point, no end...excellent imagery about teaching these days - the eternal hamster wheel of excessive workload!

sicilypat and bigjimmy2 like this.
  7. Effinbankers

Effinbankers Lead commenter

Anyone who puts anything on their personal GTCS / PRD web page / profile thingy is a complete and utter mug. There is no requirement to do so - who are you trying to impress? Yourself? Nobody reads this guff!

If nobody used it they would have to shut it down