1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Practitioner Enquiry

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by LocalLoon, Aug 20, 2018.

1. LocalLoon

LocalLoon New commenter

After our in-service today it seems that in our mandatory School Improvement Groups, every single member of staff is expected to complete a practitioner enquiry - complete with academic poster.

Has anyone else had this thrust upon them before? Can we really be made to do a practitioner enquiry?!

The fact SIG's are mandatory is already a joke, this just seems ridiculous...

2. Marisha

Marisha Occasional commenter

Seems nuts, but you might be forced to do it if it's in the Working Time Agreement. Might be an idea to check with your rep.

I was forced to join a Micro-TLC last year because it was in the WTA. Waste of time.

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

That was my first thought. Have you checked with your union rep at school if this was discussed and approved?

4. AyeRight

AyeRight New commenter

Touchy-feely hippy guff. Unscientific mini-projects that never fail and all succeed because the metric is
    Did your learners/young people ...
    1. Enjoy this
    2. Really enjoy this
    3. Really, really enjoy this
    4. Oh my God that was amazeballs!