1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

practice tables of multiplication

Discussion in 'Primary' started by frankdew, Jan 14, 2011.

1. There is a new webiste on the web wich helps children to practice their tables of multiplication in an effective and fun way. The idea for the programme was born out of the daily practice of primary school teaching. It combines all imaginable methods to practise the tables of multiplication. See it your self - www.tablesofmultiplication.com

2. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

Thank you - I like it!

3. That website is fab! Thanks for sharing. Will set some children up on the netbooks using this next week!

4. Waiguoren

Waiguoren New commenter

Thanks! It's great!

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Whatdoes 'en' mean and why is there no e in continue? Sorry to nitpick.

6. where?

7. Think I found the error. From what I can tell it is a German website. So maybe bits that haven't been translated correctly. I still think the site is useful and will use it with my class. Will just encourage them to spot and correct the mistakes!

8. Thanks for the comments. It is a Dutch website. In Netherlands this site is very popular. We will correct the mistakes as soon as possible.

9. mistakes corrected - www.tablesofmultiplication.com

10. Thanks for this - really helpful. I like the way it biases the questions towards the ones the child gets wrong. The reward idea is good too - I kept practising my 4x table until I could buy a raccoon! (Just to see what happened when I bought it, of course.)
    By the way, 'Gast' appeared at the bottom of the page - should it be 'guest'?? (I quite like the foreign language touches though!)
    Thanks again for sharing it.
    -

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

Thanks for responding. I liked the activities but was curious about the strange bits of foreignness. By the way, we call them Multiplication Tables.
    Good luck.

12. I really like the timed element, and the shop! I'm a bit confused though, when I've done a table it tells me 'congratulations, you have passed the x table of 2. Your bonus: (nothing after the colon) then when i move the mouse over my name at the bottom it says 'you haven't passed any tables yet'

13. Ha Ha! I have passed my 8s, 6s and 7s (maybe my 8s twice - deliberately trying to see what happens if you answer very slowly!) - and I won 6 gold coins, which was enough to buy a kingfisher! Whoo hoo! Racing cars cost 15 gold coins.
    I'll be interested to see whether it is as motivating for the yr 6 boy that I do 1:1 tuition with. I think it just might appeal to him.

14. Together with frankdew I made this site.

From the Netherlands it's the difficult to understand what the best way should be to improve the quality of the site, and to make more people aware of it in the united states/international

Do somebody have some tips for us?