1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

practical resources in maths

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by x_k8_xxx, Aug 14, 2019.

1. x_k8_xxx

x_k8_xxx New commenter

Hi all,

I am a year 6 teacher and want to introduce some buckets of resources into my classroom for the children to use whenever needed in maths lessons.
    What resources do you have in your classrooms that help your children to understand new concepts in maths?

Thank you

2. Veerwal

Veerwal New commenter

Linking cubes, counters, mirrors, quisenaire rods, 10 frames, 3D shapes with the nets of the shapes folded inside, mini whiteboard with square and plain side, masking tape, 1 cm square paper, 2 cm square paper, tracing paper, clocks, measuring things (volume
    and weights), balance, 2D shapes, 100 squares laminated, calculators, circle protractors, compasses, cards with numbers 1-100, digit cards, peg boards and pegs, pin boards and elastic bands.
    I’m sure there’s more but those are the ones that come to mind atm.

3. Veerwal

Veerwal New commenter

Fraction pieces: squares, circles, rectangles all different shapes representing halves, quarters, thirds (and wholes),
    Blank 10x10 squares for percentages, pencils and felt tips, DIENES (and place value mats), place value (arrow) cards,