1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Practical application of a time machine

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Sprouts rock. I would use my time-machine to avoid Winter.

3. Vince_Ulam

Should be buried beneath rocks. Like the man says, they're awful on the inside and worse on the surface.

Sillow likes this.
  4. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I would use a time machine to go back and not have that argument with my other half that we had last night :(

5. Vince_Ulam

Milk-related?

Sillow likes this.
  6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

This implies he doesn't know that there are alternatives to boiling them and eating them whole. He's a philistine. :p

7. Vince_Ulam

As a mathematician I can say with authority that boiling a sprout does not negate its topology.

8. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I went for a second hand time machine when I bought it next year. They don't make them like they're going to anymore.

9. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Ha, no! The milk thing happened this morning and I just had to smile and say "oh well" when I realised there wasn't any because I didn't want another argument!

Sprouts are icky.

Vince_Ulam likes this.
  10. burajda

burajda Star commenter

You could have used it to go back further to gather or fabricate evidence to prove your point in readiness for the argument that will take place tonight

11. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

I would go back and remove the tissue that was in my gothic son's laundry-before I put the wash on.

cuteinpuce likes this.
  12. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Quickest way to get a ride in a time machine?

Bury an inscribed stone inside a sturdy earthenware pot in a place where it has a decent chance of being found in the future (ie a a reasonable distance away from the edge of a river bank or cliff). On the stone, inscribe the following: "If time travel has been discovered when you open this pot please come back to [insert tomorrow's date and your address] and take me away from all this. If it hasn't yet been discovered please re-bury the stone inside the pot."

Worth a punt surely.

cissy3 and Duke of York like this.
  13. Vince_Ulam

What's wrong with his sleeves? Any real goth knows that green and black go together

racroesus likes this.
  14. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

What if the sinking of the Titanic was actually caused by severe overcrowding caused by a load of people using a time machine to go back and try and stop it from sinking.

racroesus likes this.
  15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Might explain why 500 of the lifeboat places were empty at launch.

16. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Or what about if loads of people tried to go back to kill Hitler, and then other people tried to go back to save him, and then whether Hitler lived or died actually became inconsequential because the fighting between the two sides started WW2 anyway.