1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PQH Northern Ireland / NPQH

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by seankav, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hi, I am due to take part in the 2 day assessment on the 25th and 26th of jan. The new PQH NI model is very similar to the NPQH. The assessment day consists of:

1. Intro Interview - 40min interview taken by assessor to lead assessment on readiness for headship
    2. Using Data - analysis and interpretation of data, number of typical in-tray items, establish priorities for action in light of data and in-tray items
    3.Staff Review - role play, member of staff. Current role, your expectations of role, capacity to fulfil role, agree a way forward
    4.Challenge Workshop - group presentation
    5. Peer Development - coaching to improve both yourself and your peers performance.

I have been doing a lot of prep work by trying to think of role plays, reviewing my own school data and reading up on school improvement. Does anyone have any experience of these activities that they would kindly pass on?

My email is seantkav@hotmail.co.uk

Thank You

Sean

2. Hi, I am due to take part in the 2 day assessment on the 25th and 26th of jan. The new PQH NI model is very similar to the NPQH. The assessment day consists of:

1. Intro Interview - 40min interview taken by assessor to lead assessment on readiness for headship
    2. Using Data - analysis and interpretation of data, number of typical in-tray items, establish priorities for action in light of data and in-tray items
    3.Staff Review - role play, member of staff. Current role, your expectations of role, capacity to fulfil role, agree a way forward
    4.Challenge Workshop - group presentation
    5. Peer Development - coaching to improve both yourself and your peers performance.

I have been doing a lot of prep work by trying to think of role plays, reviewing my own school data and reading up on school improvement. Does anyone have any experience of these activities that they would kindly pass on?

My email is seantkav@hotmail.co.uk

Thank You

Sean

3. I've got the two day assessment next week. Doing much the same as yourself in terms of preparation. Searching for potential activities/scenarios at the moment. Any suggestions most welcome. Good luck!

4. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

If you post your email address I will send you a message, mconnon

5. Hi, my email is mconnon366@c2kni.net

6. Hi Sean,
    Ive sent you and email. It looks like were all in the same boat. LOL
    Im studying at the minute - Assessment and Development Days this week, on Monday and Tuesday in Belfast. All information will be greatly recieved - my email: carlamcgrady@live.co.uk
    Good Luck to everyone who is in the same situation [​IMG] and send us some clues.
    Many Thanks Carla

7. Hi Carla just searching through forums . I'm for Assessment and Dev days at end of March for PQH and would welcome any tips. My email is dpquinn2@hotmail.com