1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PPA time

Discussion in 'Primary' started by layfield08, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Hi
    I job share (0.5) in a primary school my job share works all day Mon, all day Tues and Wed morning. I work Wed afternoon, all day Thursday and Friday. At present we have PPA time separately, however we are wanting to share our PPA time. Does anyone have any good ideas how we could do this?
    Thanks
    Ruth

2. Hi
    I job share (0.5) in a primary school my job share works all day Mon, all day Tues and Wed morning. I work Wed afternoon, all day Thursday and Friday. At present we have PPA time separately, however we are wanting to share our PPA time. Does anyone have any good ideas how we could do this?
    Thanks
    Ruth

3. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

Do you get an hour each during your teaching time, whereby someone else entirely teaches the class? Or are you, for example, teaching Wed pm-Fri, and get paid an extra hour to do your planning at home?
    Tbh I can't see how this would work, unless one of you is willing to stay early/late on Wed unpaid in order to plan with the other, or unless your head is willing to pay extra for one of you to have additional PPA whilst the other is also supposed to be in class, with a 3rd person teaching.

4. I know a school where one teacher comes in for the last hour on Wed am ( and gets paid, and then stays on for rest of day) and the other is released from class at that time.... PPA together!

5. Is your ppa covered in the time you are teaching or outside? Is it covered by a HLTA? If it is, it would be more expensive for you both to have ppa together because school would have to pay one of you to work the extra time.
    If you would be willing to compromise and spend a lunchtime together maybe you could have your ppa either side of Wednesday lunchtime and meet through lunch - you could have your lunch break in your ppa (if that makes any sense!)

6. Hi
    We get 1.5hrs each a week!!