1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PPA time. What percentage of the working week is allocated to PPA?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by FenellaF, Jan 9, 2011.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Yeah, I thought it was 2.5 hours.My PPA is on a Monday, so falls on Bank Holidays and courses, and I just miss it. Not sure if that's what's supposed to happen, but that's what I do.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

PPA time is 10% of the working week. Ours is 25 hours, so we get 2.5 hours PPA in theory.

Some schools that do not require you to be in assembly, take that as some of the PPA time. So you might find you are only getting 2 hours PPA, but have a couple of 15 min assembly slots free.

In theory you can ask for your PPA back if it falls on a course day, and get it, but I have to say in our school the harder working more committed teachers are the ones who don't. Depends on the impression you want to give.

Meetings should not be fixed for your PPA time, unless you choose to make them so. Sometimes it is easier to have a meeting then than after school, but it has to be your choice, not the school's.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

The Workload Agreement guarantees teachers in maintained schools ten per cent of their timetabled teaching to be set aside as PPA time during the school day.

4. T34

T34 Established commenter

No you don't.
    You get 2.27 hours.

5. I thought that. We work 25 hours per week therefore should get 2.5 hours. This term our PPA time has been reduced to 2 hours. Although we have 30 minutes during Monday assembly, i'm not sure it will be included. I will have to check tomorrow.
    Thank you for replying