1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PPA time-getting paid?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Bronco, Jun 28, 2011.

1. If you are on a long term cover then you would be expected to do all the planning and marking etc which is what PPA is for so you do include it

2. thanks that makes sense as I'm doing the planning etc just wanted to check I wasn't being cheeky. To used to day to day supply.

3. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

You don't need to work out what is teaching time and what is PPA time for daily rate pay purposes.
    You will claim for a full daily rate if you're in school all day.
    I sometimes have a supply day (LA paid) where I get a free period during the day; I still claim for the full day as I am there at their dispoasl if they choose to use me.
    I've noticed that this year, if the teacher I'm covering for has a free period at the beginning or the end of the day, they just book me for a part day and I deduct an hour from the maximum available ina full day of work.
    If it's your PPA time, it's time that you are required to be working on planning and assessment and it's employed time.