1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ppa/ release cover- experiences?

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by kittenmittens, Mar 7, 2011.

1. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

I'm returning from maternity leave to 2 days a week, ht has suggested covering classes as an alternative to job share which I've jumped at! I'm wondering about logistics- do you get ppa yourself? Do you plan your lessons or teach from the class teachers' planning? If so are resources etc ready for you when you go in? How do you communicate with these teachers? What is workload like compared to having your own class?

2. I did this a few years ago just after McCrone time started. In my school, and most I know of, you are responsible for planning the lessons you deliver. You do get your own time pro rata for the hours you are in. I tended to cover stand alone subjects or took areas that were only my responsibility - RE, PE, ICT, French etc. I enjoyed doing it, working throughout the school, and nuresery,was a new challenge! Hope this helps