1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PPA/NQT time in lieu of residential visit

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Loony tunes, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

I teach in a special school and have lost 5 or 6 PPAs to annual reviews as they all happen the morning or my PPA and annual reviews take me a minimum of 3 hours each to write. Then there's at least 3 to courses, another to a residential and I haven't got any of it back. Sometimes that's just the way it goes I'm afraid - or at least that is in my school! Sorry, probably not the answer you wanted!

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'd be surprised to hear a teacher asking for PPA/NQT back after being on a trip. Never known it myself. I think it's asking a bit much to be honest.

For Ofsted you shouldn't have lost it in the first place, so getting it back later sounds well enough.

A bit of a complaint about the amount of work you have to do isn't really going to help your case. Other class teachers have just as much and some a lot more.

And like the previous poster, I also lose a fair amount of PPA for all kinds of things, wouldn't cross my mind to ask for it back. It is just life.

Having said all that, you probably are legally entitled to have it back and so could kick up a fuss and get it. However it might not create the impression in school that you would like it to.