1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PPA/NQT time in lieu of residential trip

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Middlemarch, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'd say there was an argument (although quite how you'd win it, I don't know) for getting your PPA, but not the NQT time - because I'd class the residential as outstanding use of NQT time in terms of your professional development, personally.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I suppose the argument is that you didn't have timetabled lessons in the residential trip week so don't need the PPA for it.
    Did you plan and conduct all the activities on the trip or were you only in a supervisory role with others at the venue running any learning sessions?
    As for the salaried PPA teachers at your school, I expect that they were given other duties to perform. Were some pupils not on the trip, perhaps, and thus needed to be catered for at school?

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Yet another PPA thread demonstrating the need for schools to have an agreed, transparent policy on PPA entitlements, cancellations, short weeks, courses, planned and unplanned closures etc etc. I'm afraid a lot of school managements can not be trusted to just 'do right' by their staff - anyone doubting this please search these forums for PPA and we'll chat later - pace Middlemarch and tom clancy and the other managers who always
    come across as being clear, fair and definite in their own settings.