1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PPA/Moderation

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Steviek, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Hello all,
    First time post shame it's about something negative.
    During our PPA time we are often asked to look though the maths and literacy books of all 4 classes in our team in the form of a mini moderation. This ends up taking all our time and so we never actually get any planning done, meaning evenings and weekends are taken up doing it.
    I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a recognised/justified use of PPA time, or if I have a right to refuse to do it and concentrate on planning etc.
    Not sure if I will make a stand though, as the fall out might be unpleasant, but it would be useful to know where I stand.
    Many thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

2. Thanks for your reply.
    No, very rarely get it done in PPA, but that's because we're doing many, many various other things such as checking files and feedback from numerous meetings etc. I know it's a balancing act with time in school and at home, it's just very frustrating planning on your own at home when you're meant to be part of a team!
    Thanks again.