1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PPA Cover as NQT??

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tiggerific1989, Apr 22, 2012.

1. tiggerific1989

tiggerific1989 New commenter

Hi,
    Just looking for opinions. I started on a maternity leave cover three weeks before easter so will have a term of my NQT done by the end of this year. I have come to really like the school and get along well with the staff that work there and would ideally like to complete my NQT in one place.
    But, the problem is that the teacher i am covering is coming back in October so they have said unless i don't find a job for september they wouldn't keep me on as it wouldn't be fair on me. They did also mention they are advertising for a PPA cover teacher which i could apply for, which wouldn't be as good as having my own class but in some ways i think i'm prepared to sacrfice that to stay on at this school.
    I'm also really nervous about applying for it and if i was to get an interview, attending with people i know and work with!
    Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. tiggerific1989

tiggerific1989 New commenter

Hi,
    Just looking for opinions. I started on a maternity leave cover three weeks before easter so will have a term of my NQT done by the end of this year. I have come to really like the school and get along well with the staff that work there and would ideally like to complete my NQT in one place.
    But, the problem is that the teacher i am covering is coming back in October so they have said unless i don't find a job for september they wouldn't keep me on as it wouldn't be fair on me. They did also mention they are advertising for a PPA cover teacher which i could apply for, which wouldn't be as good as having my own class but in some ways i think i'm prepared to sacrfice that to stay on at this school.
    I'm also really nervous about applying for it and if i was to get an interview, attending with people i know and work with!
    Any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks.