1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

PPA and Leadership time

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by sunset, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I work in a school with a non conventional TLR structure. Our timetable compromises of 6 x 50 minutes lessons per day. Registration is 20 minutes and we are expected to do something with them everyday ECM, a quiz, numeracy, literacy, current affairs, reviews as well as the usual uniform and equipment checks.
    Each teacher gets 3 non contact PPA periods, that's 10%. I get 6 as I have a TLR. Does the extra 'teaching' in a morning count as part of official contact time? Who decides the amount of leadership time I get? I use two of my non contacts every week for meeting colleagues, as well as have a meeting a week after school.
    I am not enquiring to just moan. I am really struggling to get everything completed that I have responsibilty for as well as deliver quality lessons. I also performance manage 4 colleagues, yet no longer have any idea who my own performance manager is. At one stage this year I had 3 line managers [​IMG] My own performance management with my reviewer has been poor and I don't want the colleagues I am responsible for see me in the same way.

Thanks.

2. I work in a school with a non conventional TLR structure. Our timetable compromises of 6 x 50 minutes lessons per day. Registration is 20 minutes and we are expected to do something with them everyday ECM, a quiz, numeracy, literacy, current affairs, reviews as well as the usual uniform and equipment checks.
    Each teacher gets 3 non contact PPA periods, that's 10%. I get 6 as I have a TLR. Does the extra 'teaching' in a morning count as part of official contact time? Who decides the amount of leadership time I get? I use two of my non contacts every week for meeting colleagues, as well as have a meeting a week after school.
    I am not enquiring to just moan. I am really struggling to get everything completed that I have responsibilty for as well as deliver quality lessons. I also performance manage 4 colleagues, yet no longer have any idea who my own performance manager is. At one stage this year I had 3 line managers [​IMG] My own performance management with my reviewer has been poor and I don't want the colleagues I am responsible for see me in the same way.

Thanks.