1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Power plate - vibra power machine - has anyone got one? is it just a load of nonsense?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Apr 4, 2009.

1. As in the title, really. They have had one on the telly for a hundred quid, seems like a good deal if it actually does anything.

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Not sure anyone would own up to having one, would they?

3. I'm not sure what that post means, or why this is in italics.

4. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Actually, I have no idea what one is, but the name, coupled with your uncertainty, left me wondering if it is the kind of thing people buy secretly[​IMG]

As to why you have written in italics, only you can answer that...

5. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

6. Ooh-er!

7. you pressed ctrl and I
    instead of shift I
    which give italics
    and i have no idea what it is either

8. I've played with one at the gym. They are meant to maximise the effects of exercise but all I know is that they make my teeth rattle.

9. They are very good for balance, fine and gross motor control, joint problems, joint and core stability problems and a little bit of toning.
    If you google them there is loads of good information about them.
    I have some joint instability problems and had asked my physiotherapist about them. Her advice was to try them out before buying, as they can be quite difficult to cope with.
    But if you are purchasing one with moderate vibration, it should be okay.