1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Power of Reading

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cheryl13, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Im starting a fresh year in my 3/4 class (after beginning at Easter).
    My school uses the power of reading and takes their topics from the books which i really like.
    How can i fit the units form the national literacy strategy into this.
    Im currently trying to sort out a two year rolling program for my literacy planning to ensure i cover all year 3 units, then year 4 units. Whilst trying to combine this with a 4 year rolling program for topics (I teach year 3,4,5,6 in the afternoons for topic!)

Please help/give me an idea of quality texts to use within the units.
    Thank you

2. Im starting a fresh year in my 3/4 class (after beginning at Easter).
    My school uses the power of reading and takes their topics from the books which i really like.
    How can i fit the units form the national literacy strategy into this.
    Im currently trying to sort out a two year rolling program for my literacy planning to ensure i cover all year 3 units, then year 4 units. Whilst trying to combine this with a 4 year rolling program for topics (I teach year 3,4,5,6 in the afternoons for topic!)

Please help/give me an idea of quality texts to use within the units.
    Thank you

3. poet

poet New commenter

PM me with your email and I'll send you some resources for whatever years you need
    P

4. You do not have to use literacy strategy units as long as you follow the national curriculum it is fine!