1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Power of Reading: Wolf Brother

Discussion in 'Primary' started by beckycharles, May 2, 2011.

1. Hi there,
    Does anyone have the wolf brother teaching sequence that they could email to me? The website doesn't seem to be able to link to the sequence.
    Thanks,
    Becky
    misscharles_school@hotmail.com

2. Hi there,
    Does anyone have the wolf brother teaching sequence that they could email to me? The website doesn't seem to be able to link to the sequence.
    Thanks,
    Becky
    misscharles_school@hotmail.com

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. Sorry! From the Power of Reading website! Looks like the link is no longer there.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I've found this on the Framework site. It is an activity grid for the book:
    http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/152097?uc=force_uj
    Here is an explanation of the activity grid format:
    http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/node/151960
    I believe the Power of Reading project requires a subscription and so it is unlikely that the teaching sequence will come up in a search.
    (I asked what site you were trying to download from as The Power of Reading is used by more than one group and I had found it mentioned several times whilst searching.)
    Perhaps someone will be able to email you the document you are really looking for - but hopefully the above links will prove useful.

6. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Becky, the POR website link has been updated, last month I think - if your school is still paying the subscription, you will have been emailed the new link, username and password. As it is a paid subscription service, you're technically not supposed to access the site if your school stops paying. A way round it would be to download everything whilst you have access to it!
    Maybe speak to the English co-ordinator or the admin staff member responsible for paying these things to see if it has been updated and you have the new url and password etc.
    I'd send it to you, but I think I'd be in infringement of copyright...but let me know if you have any difficulties and I'll see if there's a way around it.

7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Okay, but if you need it more quickly PM and I'll email you it - I think it's allowed as you subscribe to the site!