1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Potentially sticky situation with HT

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Peanut182, Feb 21, 2012.

1. I'm a regular poster, I just changed my username...........
    After a fracture, dr said I could go back to work on a 'phased return'.My HT and I agreed over the phone - and it was put in writing and I have my copy - that I would work mornings this week, mornings next week and a full week the one after.
    This week I have been in for the mornings. I found out from a colleague that the HT had texted her in the holiday, saying I would be working full-time next week. I showed my colleague the letter saying next week would be mornings only. She was surprised and went off to check with HT. She came back to report HT says I'm in full-time next week. HT hasn't said anything to me.
    Can she do that? And what's the best way to challenge her? We don't have a good relationship. Obviously I've been talking about how happy I am to be back, which doesn't really square with me wanting to work mornings next week. But I want our agreement to be honoured, and I'm annoyed that I only found out she's decided it's all different because a colleague told me! In one sense I feel I don't have much to lose with her, in another sense I think, what if I make our relationship even worse? Grateful for advice on how to be diplomatic, thanks

2. Torey

Torey Occasional commenter

I should imagine they have changed their mind due to the cost involved. Have a chat and see if there has been a misunderstanding. Then see your GP and ask if they will write you a fit note that says you can only return to work part time or not at all if that is true.

3. If you are in a LA school there should be a formal procedure on Therapeutic Returns - as they are now termed. The head cannot change the rules! Check with HR and with your union - But bypass the rep and go straight to the regional or national office