1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Potential PE interview Questions

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by bpleonar, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Has anyone had an interview for a PE job lately? What were some of the questions? or what are they likely to be? any tips on answering them?

2. stopwatch

stopwatch Occasional commenter

Further to the above - I agree, always be yourself, try to relax, if you don't understand a question, say so ("I'm not sure exactly what you are asking can you tell me again").
    There may well be things you have no experience or less ability in. Suggest you would be willing to take on CPD to further your experience if this is the case. "I have some experience of teaching GCSE but have not yet done 'A' level. I feel confident I could teach this and would like to attend training to further improve my skills" that kind of thing.
    Along with you experience and qualifications, as a Head of PE, the things I appreciate and value most other than skills and experience are passion for the subject, initiative, an ability to be versatile/adaptable and high levels of organisation.