1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Potential opportunity in KL- not sure?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by dejoiner, Oct 9, 2018.

1. dejoiner

dejoiner New commenter

Hi,

I don't know if I can post the name of the school on here so i won't just in case but I had a preliminary interview with a school near KL in Malaysia this morning. It seemed to go well and I'm meeting them in London next week. I got a genuine and friendly vibe from the headteacher and it came across as a lovely place to work, but I've not found many reviews from teachers and they seem quite mixed. It's not a top tier school- they described themselves as a level 1 school at a level 2 price, and I know that my contract wouldn't be as high as elsewhere which is a consideration. From the research I have done there seem to be loads of people who have been offered posts there and they offered me both interviews before the closing date- do they just interview everyone on a first come first served basis? I don't know what to make of that, whether it's good or bad....

Basically, I just feel conflicted and unsure what I'd do if I was offered the job as I just don't know how I feel and this is my first international school experience (very evidently!) Would I hang on a little before accepting and see what else comes up if I'm feeling a little insecure? I feel like I'd never feel 100% secure unless I knew someone who could tell me first hand!