1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Potential idea for uploading resources

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by krisgreg30, Sep 10, 2016.

1. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Helloooo,

Whilst I'm not in favour of turning this website into another certain resource selling website, I do think that it would be useful to include a thing to say whether resources include answers or not to worksheets or a simple not applicable section.
    Currently I write if the answers are included but my only two negative reviews have been related to resources that don't include answers. I feel it would be beneficial for all parties involved to know from the off whether they are included or not. They could then even refine the search to ones that only include the answers with them?

2. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

I'd take it for granted that answers would be provided (if needed/relevant). If there was a particular reason for not providing answers this should be clearly explained in the description.

mathsmutt likes this.
  3. krisgreg30

I don't provide answers with my Maths worksheets because I believe if we are going to get children mastering concepts, staff should be able to work them out themselves rather than relying on an answer page. If you can't work them out then you won't be able to help children that are struggling with it.
    I feel there is clearly there is some relevance to having the feature when a much bigger resource selling website sees the need for its inclusion.

4. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

If you state that in your resource descriptions people will have enough information to make an informed decision.

5. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I always try to include an answers sheet if I can. Not because I don't think teachers could work out the answer but because I want to save people as much time as possible, I think it's not a case of not being able to I'm think the time you spend working out the answers could be spent on something else.

mathsmutt and iGCSE101 like this.
  6. krisgreg30

Unfortunately there is considerable research out there that says otherwise.

Skillsheets likes this.
  7. TheGingerTeacher

Sorry I don't understand your answer? Research on what? I said I include answer keys because teachers are busy people and if they buy my product to save them time I will do exactly that 'save them time' by not expecting them to work out the answers.

8. krisgreg30

That teachers struggle with particular Maths concepts and knowing the answers.

I have taken on board the review and will include answers with the resource anyway and price them accordingly for the extra work that goes in.

9. TheGingerTeacher

Oh I see, I wasn't really commenting on teachers' math skills I tend to approach it from a 'provide a service' point of view.

krisgreg30 likes this.
  10. krisgreg30

I was thinking the other way but you are quite right in that it is providing a service like a business which is why I will be changing my methods in creating them.

11. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

Exactly! I upload resources for this very reason! To save someone else the time that I spent making the resource :)

krisgreg30 likes this.
  12. Skillsheets

Skillsheets Occasional commenter

I always include answers apart from one resource where it involved drawing shapes using ruler and compasses. Needless to say that is the one that got a review querying the lack of answers. As I do maths resources I find that working out the answers is a vital part of proof reading.

13. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Ha! I had the same with a statistics resource when the children had to decide how to represent data so I couldn't provide specific answers, which I always do.

mathsmutt likes this.