1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Posting on a thread

Discussion in 'Personal' started by RiverEnglishAcademy, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I want to post on a 'topic' but can't find a 'comment' or 'post' option. I can only see a 'reply' button which replies to a particular post... Am I being completely thick, here?

2. I want to post on a 'topic' but can't find a 'comment' or 'post' option. I can only see a 'reply' button which replies to a particular post... Am I being completely thick, here?

3. Click reply and type your comment in the box but don't click the<u> Quote </u>and that will let you reply to the thread, rather than quoting and replying to a specific post. Hope that made sense!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Yup!

5. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I just pressed reply on nutella's post.
    No difference.

6. That is the only way to post on a thread.
    Unfortunately, you cannot see the whole thread whilst you are writing (we used to be able to before they revamped the site), you can only see the particular post that you clicked reply on.
    But your answer is on the thread - if you see what I mean [​IMG]

7. Thanks for asking this. I thought I was a complete idiot. And yet I passed the ICT skills test the first time. ;)