1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Posting links

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by cuteinpuce, May 29, 2009.

1. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

How do you post links? I've tried by cutting and pasting web addresses but the links aren't active if you do that.
    Ta.

2. cuteinpuce

How do you post links? I've tried by cutting and pasting web addresses but the links aren't active if you do that.
    Ta.

3. This depends upon your browser. They work best on a line on their own.
    <u>Firefox and Internet Explorer</u>
    Hit the return key after you enter the link - you can then click anywhere on the link, click on the link icon, paste your URL in the top field - I prefer to choose 'open in a new window' as well then click Update.
    OR
    You can create a hyperlink such as in the example below 'FAQ' by typing the required words, highlight and click on the link icon and as above, paste your URL in the top field and click Update.
    Information on alternative browsers such as Opera, Chrome and Safari is covered towards the bottom of the page in our....
    FAQ

4. cuteinpuce

5. cuteinpuce

Yes, it works!
    Ta.
    (Now all I need is a link worth posting..)

6. Fantastic!