1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Postgraduate Qualification Question

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by Mercyknight, Apr 28, 2011.

  1. I currently have a BSc in Secondary Education with Design and Technology with QTS which took me 3 years to complete.
    I am wanting to move to Australia which require 4 years of study to be registered to teach in Australia.
    So I am trying to find a course that will allow me to do 1 year of postgraduate study and equal the 4 years of study needed for Australia. As I have a teaching qualificiation (QTS) the PGCE is not a route I can take as I already have QTS. Is there a post graduate course available? I seem to think that if I do 1 year of a Masters course it's classed as an PCert or PDip.
    As you can see I'm really confused any help would be appreciated...
  2. I think the first year of a masters gets you a postgraduate certificate. You can do this with Open University on a variety of topics. Plus, if you want to carry on, maybe OU operates in Australia.
  3. Edge Hill offer PD for teachers. If you complete modules worth 60 credits, you can claim a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), if you complete modules worth 120, you can claim a Postgraduate Diploma in Education and if you complete a dissertation module worth a further 60 credits you are awarded an MA Education.

Share This Page