1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by anthonyjones, Nov 6, 2019.

1. anthonyjones

anthonyjones New commenter

I submitted a post and it hasn't appeared and isn't awaiting authorisation, what has happened to it?

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

This has happened to me before, and other posters have reported the same thing. You write a post and when you click 'Post Reply' button it just disappears. TES don't seem to know what causes it, presumably because it's intermittent it's hard to replicate. If that happens it's gone I'm afraid. Fortunately it happens quite rarely.

If I have written a long post that would be very annoying to have to redo I copy the text before I click 'Post Reply' just in case.

3. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

@anthonyjones, unfortunately Rott Weiler is right. You can also save the post by clicking the disk icon in the formatting tool box:

upload_2019-11-14_16-7-18.png

And select the top option in the drop-down menu:
    upload_2019-11-14_16-8-7.png

But save as you go along to prevent you from losing large chunks of a long post.