1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Post threshold standard p4....

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by strawbs, Oct 15, 2011.

1. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

errr.....know what spec you teach. Know what other specs are available. Be flexible to move pupils if needed - eg from higher to foundation; or from modular to linear etc.

2. so just knowing what i have to teach for my phase? what about qualifications? I teach KS1

3. strawbs

sorry - my answer really suits secondary. I guess it must be similar for you though - what are the national curriculum requirements, what testing/assessment etc is there....

4. Thats why i'm getting confused as qualif and spec sounds far more secondary, as my only testing is KS1 SATS and that doesn't result in a qualif....so i should go down the lines of knowledge of ARE requirements for the age group.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

How to prepare (or not)n children for KS1 SATs.

What the alternatives to assessment papers there are.

What level children should be at at the end of year 1/year 2.

That kind of nonsense.

6. I'm just checking, but you do know that to pass through threshold now, you just have to have 2 successful pm cycles in a row as these imply that you are meeting the standards. This means that collecting and presenting evidence is no longer required in the same way.

7. strawbs

ooh good point!