1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Post threshold - applying to move from UPS 1-UPS 2

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by aug79, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I've been on UPS 1 for 3 years now and not applied to move up as I've been on maternity leave and working part time for some of that time. I now feel it is time to do it. When I applied to move from MPS 6 to the UPS there was a form to complete detailing how you've met the standards. Does anything like this exist for moving within the UPS? Can anyone tell me how to go about it? I know it's all based on performance management targets but are there any 'official' documents that you have to complete to apply?

2. I've been on UPS 1 for 3 years now and not applied to move up as I've been on maternity leave and working part time for some of that time. I now feel it is time to do it. When I applied to move from MPS 6 to the UPS there was a form to complete detailing how you've met the standards. Does anything like this exist for moving within the UPS? Can anyone tell me how to go about it? I know it's all based on performance management targets but are there any 'official' documents that you have to complete to apply?

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

None at all, just remind your head and line manager/PM reviewer, that's it. No evidence is required beyond the PM process, unless your school doesn't know what you are doing.....

4. Thanks Becktonboy! I hope it is that easy. Unsure whether to do it or not as I only work one day a week but I know I do lots more than the 0.2 I'm contracted for!!