1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Post-Skype interview

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by galwaygirl1301, Feb 17, 2019.

1. galwaygirl1301

galwaygirl1301 New commenter

Hi I just had a Skype interview for a job in qatar, does anybody know how long it usually takes for them to get back to you for teaching abroad?

2. moscowbore

moscowbore Senior commenter

It could take months or you could hear tomorrow.

If that is even close to your name or that is your picture you should change both. Every international school in the world reads this forum so best to be anonymous.

galwaygirl1301 likes this.
  3. galwaygirl1301

galwaygirl1301 New commenter

Dunno how to change my name....

4. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

I had one offer within an hour, another one the next day, one school (before interview, just applied) got back to me 6 months later to ask if I was still interested. Other schools I had to chase up after weeks of waiting post interview to find out the outcome. How long is a piece of string?

5. MrsCurious

MrsCurious New commenter

Well I only started the international journey this year. Out of about 20 applications I was offered 3 jobs: the first two I was offered within a few hours, the last one took a week as Chinese New Year break was starting an hour after the interview. I think there’s no real answer to this !

6. le2012

le2012 New commenter

Email TES help or report this thread asking for it to be deleted or your name changed.