1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Post SA, job offer

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by seismic, Mar 18, 2016.

1. seismic

seismic New commenter

good news. SA over 12 months ago. Got asked to interview this week. Got offered the job this week. Despite the gaps on the application form in employment history (left last post outside the normal leaving times). Reference was also requested from that SA place (I didn't list it as referee on the form, though was asked if they'd mind at interview).

And I'm going to turn them down. Cool as a cucumber.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

?

Well go on - tell us why!

Best wishes

3. seismic

seismic New commenter

Seeing as you ask @TheoGriff.

It's not your 'normal' kind of establishment. Lord Baker very behind this type of place, as such, it's new, opened its doors in September, next year there will be 4 year groups. 80/20 boys to girls.

One of your bits of advice on the blogs is first impressions. It goes both ways.

When greeted by a chap in the morning (8:30), top button undone, tie loose, no jacket, 'designer' stubble (the wrong side of 35) asking after candidates by name, you think, 'admin guy'. NOT VICE PRINCIPAL!

When they stuff down flapjack bits en route to interview room talking with their mouthful too?

Wrong impression.

I was left thinking, loooong commute, as well as very likely getting peed off with my possible like manager and their inefficiencies.

Suit, shave, polished shoes and a decent tie and I might have felt differently.

As it is, told my current HT I was turning them down and he was near enough dancing with pom-poms, as much as can be done in a room full of DofE kids.

Can't begin to tell you how positive I am at present. On the up!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sounds good! (And the other sounds awful!)

Best wishes for the Up to continue.