1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Post Glasgow PGDE interview

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by sincethen, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Recently I went along for my interiew for Glasgow Uni's PGDE (for modern studies) and although I thought a gave a decent interview I was not fortunate enough to be offered a place.
    I am trying to remain positive and as such am racking my brains to remember what the questions were during the 'blur' that was the individual interview, so I can better prepare myself for next time. So if anyone who also applied can remember any of them i would be most grateful.
    Also, when/ how do we receive our feedback on the interviews?

Cheers.

2. Hi all,

Recently I went along for my interiew for Glasgow Uni's PGDE (for modern studies) and although I thought a gave a decent interview I was not fortunate enough to be offered a place.
    I am trying to remain positive and as such am racking my brains to remember what the questions were during the 'blur' that was the individual interview, so I can better prepare myself for next time. So if anyone who also applied can remember any of them i would be most grateful.
    Also, when/ how do we receive our feedback on the interviews?

Cheers.

3. I may have seen you there (I was the 26th on Jan), the questions for the invidivual interview, cannot remember all of them but they were along the lines of -

What makes you want to stand up in front of a class room?
    What experiences do you have in working with young people
    Religious and moral contributions (i.e., how can you contribute to this)
    Any disabilities?

There were a few more, I can't remember them, was blurry as hell for me too, hope that can help a little.

Unlucky though mate, so few spots and so much competition. Try not to let it get you down, it almost certainly WASN'T because you were bad, it was just you had slightly stronger candidates as competition.