1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Post Compulsary PGCE Foundation Learning Tutor in need of help!

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by lisaswift85, Jun 6, 2011.

1. <font size="3">Hi</font><font size="3">I've been teaching over three years in Foundation Learning, or as it was previously know; Entry to Employment. I qualified with a Post Compulsory PGCE. I've got excellent references from teaching observations and management as well as real success stories from learners who have been repeatedly failed BY compulsory education. I get a very poor wage, teach those your average secondary school teacher can't. </font><font size="3">I want to get out of Foundation Learning as it is badly paid, not secure, and I think if I worked in compulsory education I could really make a difference! Maybe inclusion, SEN, etc? I'm just really struggling to find my foot in any school doors even though I'm doing my QTLS (which is supposed to be as same as QTS.) </font><font size="3">So frustrated with not being able to make a difference and be rewarded for my expertise!!</font><font size="3">Any help would be fully appreciated, CPD, jobs, just sympathy. HELP! </font><font size="3">Thanks guys!</font>

2. <font size="3">Hi</font><font size="3">I've been teaching over three years in Foundation Learning, or as it was previously know; Entry to Employment. I qualified with a Post Compulsory PGCE. I've got excellent references from teaching observations and management as well as real success stories from learners who have been repeatedly failed BY compulsory education. I get a very poor wage, teach those your average secondary school teacher can't. </font><font size="3">I want to get out of Foundation Learning as it is badly paid, not secure, and I think if I worked in compulsory education I could really make a difference! Maybe inclusion, SEN, etc? I'm just really struggling to find my foot in any school doors even though I'm doing my QTLS (which is supposed to be as same as QTS.) </font><font size="3">So frustrated with not being able to make a difference and be rewarded for my expertise!!</font><font size="3">Any help would be fully appreciated, CPD, jobs, just sympathy. HELP! </font><font size="3">Thanks guys!</font>

3. Hi Lisa

You may find it useful to post this in the Career clinic forum<font size="2" face="Arial"> where Professor John Howson is on hand with expert advice. Alternatively, you could post in some of the other </font>career forums.

Best wishes,
    Bev