1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

post a comment - help

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by pmaspinall, Dec 1, 2010.

1. I want to post a comment on an existing thread, but not to reply to any specific previous post. I can see that people are doing this, but I can't see how. Sorry if I am being a bit thick, but the 'help' doesn't appear to cover this.

2. I want to post a comment on an existing thread, but not to reply to any specific previous post. I can see that people are doing this, but I can't see how. Sorry if I am being a bit thick, but the 'help' doesn't appear to cover this.

3. Hello
    All you need to do is click on the thread in question (make sure you are logged in) and click 'reply' on any post or on the first post if you prefer. Your reply will always appear at the very end of the thread. If you want to reply specifically to a post, then find the post you want, click reply and click the quote option before typing your message. Again your post will end up at the bottom of the thread but with the addition of the post you replied to included in your post.

4. What an excellent speedy service you have provided! It's easy now I know how .....thank you Bev!

5. I never thought at the outset about wanting to return to a comment I'd posted, but now another comment on a different thread makes me want to see precisely what I wrote. I know what it was about but not the thread it was on, and I know more or less when I made it, but I've been faced with scores of pages of references after trying the Search facility. If I put polyglossy as the search term, it seems to come up with replies to my posts, not the posts themselves. Anything else I can do?

6. Hi
    When you post a message, you are then taken to the thread list of the forum you have posted in and you will see the forum name. You can then open your post again and add it to your hotlist to help you find it easily in future and this will show when someone responds.
    You will find your hotlist on the right hand side once you are in a forum with quick links to remove threads from your hotlist too.
    Now that you have posted here in the Welcome forum, you can click on the number of posts (in your case 143 at the moment) and this will display all your posts. You can then sort by date added and when you find the one you want, add it to your hotlist for future reference.
    Here is a link to your posts in date order:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/searchResults.aspx?parametrics=CSPOSTUSERID|1201678&area=staffroom&author=1201678&cmd=ChangeSortOrder&val=dateadded

7. Thanks fot the information. I t helped me a lot. Now I can post new threads and can ask whatever I want to... The forum is very interesting and filled with lots of new stuff.