1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Post 16 Drama/creative writing options

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by johnfield, Oct 10, 2015.

1. johnfield

johnfield New commenter

Hello

Our school is looking at a new 6th form timetable structure in the light of the reformed A levels. Sadly (in my view) we - in common with many other schools - feel we have no option but to revert to a 3 A level structure, which was the norm pre Curriculum 2000.

The upshot of this is that each curriculum area will be invited to put forward a proposal for 4 40 minute periods of enrichment per week for the entirety of a student's 6 form education. I'm wondering if there is any post 16 qualification in scriptwriting or drama related activity which might be an attractive option for students? I don't really want to offer a straight GCSE Drama course because we already do that pre 16. Hopefully we'll still be running the A level in Drama, so this would sit alongside it. I've always found that something is likely to have more currency with students if it leads to a qualification. Any suggestions friends? Thanks very much.

2. Mad dog

Mad dog New commenter

OCR offer a post 16 level 2 Cambridge qualification

3. johnfield

johnfield New commenter

Really? What's the qualification exactly? I can't seem to locate it. Thanks for your reply.

4. BangBang

BangBang New commenter

Did you find anything? As I am looking for something similar!