1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible wrong choice of headteacher?

Discussion in 'Governors' started by topsee, Mar 16, 2009.

1. It would nbe interesting to hear from the people who appointed this guy both at his previous and his most recent appointment.
    <h3>Where will this guy go now ?</h3>Channges are required to the training of those making employment decisions. There are too many imposters charming their way into big jobs then causing havoc.
    THe people here who have been on the panels -- have you ever made serious errors of judgment -- would you make the same mistakes again.

2. I have just been appointed HT, and the DHT (as staff gov) was on interview panel, as was Foundation Stage Manager and School Business Manager (both as govs). There was also the school SIP. That is common practice in our LA.

3. Do you fancy naming the LA?

4. Last time we appointed a new HT the entire GB was the interview panel, minus only the retiring HT.

5. You do not say whether you are a governor, teacher or other interested party here topsee, but let's look at facts.
    The governing body NOT the existing staff appoint the head and for that matter the SLT.
    The GB not the staff, set the ethos of the school and its policies.
    If staff have grievancies then they should address them through their greivance proceedure.
    Last but not least, if I was the head of this hypothetical school, I would be considering suing my previous employer for deformation.
    In short, if members of staff don't like it, go work for the head's previous employer!

6. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

oh dear

7. Maybe they pushed him into a viery small cupboard![​IMG]