1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible work opportunuties an e-marker who lives abroad

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by oels, Mar 15, 2016.

1. oels

oels New commenter

Hi All

I was a Key Stage 2 teacher, most years teaching and was head of year 6. The last years of my career in the UK, I was an Assistant Head Teacher. I have left the UK and returned to my home country in South Africa, but I am wanting to know if there are any possible job / working opportunities whereby I can work remotely from South Africa. I am thinking along the lines of e-marking or some sort.

Any advice or assistance pointing me in the right direction would be very helpful.
    Thanks
    Leigh

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

e-marking of SATS papers you mean? First thing would be to find out if there is any e-marking, and second thing to find out if Year 6 curriculum has changed since you were last teaching.(I think that it has).

Start by asking people on the Primary forum would be my advice.

Best wishes

3. oels

oels New commenter

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking KS2 or any other e marking opportunities, it doesn't have to only be in KS2. I am really trying to find out if and what my options are. I have just done a proofreading and editing course and certainly do not want to limit myself to only primary sector. Obviously living in SA, something online or electronic is key. Thanks

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

For exam marking you would have to, I believe.

Best wishes