1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible victimisation for raising complaints

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by MatthewBoddum, Jun 7, 2019.

1. MatthewBoddum

MatthewBoddum New commenter

I am a PGCE student who was kicked off my placement right after I made a complaint against my PCM for bullying me. The Head Teacher approved the withdrawal of my placement and then accused me falsely of forcefully restraining a child at the school. The Head Teacher never provided me with any of the details about the accusation and so now I am taking it up with the Board of Governors.

My university never asked the school any questions and I suspect that they want to maintain their cozy partnership with the school so more PGCE students can be placed there. I told them I would escalate this until my name was cleared.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. elder_cat

elder_cat Established commenter

As my dear old mum always used to say..."you'll get more with a spoonful of sugar than a spoonful of vinegar".