1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

possible September plans

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by bluebird79, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:24 AM.

1. bluebird79

bluebird79 New commenter

Looking if anyone could be in a similar situation come September and what your plans are? Currently work in more than one school and normally tutor face to face. Lots of movement. Could this be impossible/inadvisable come September?

2. gainly

gainly Star commenter

I originally hoped I'd be able to return to face to face tutoring in September but I'm becoming less and less optimistic.

3. Catsoup

Catsoup New commenter

Possibly it depends on which part of the country you're in? The regional variations in cases and R rate mean that you could move more if you were in a place with low numbers of these. Why not continue with online tutoring as much as possible and re-assess the situation in October?

4. zetafunction

zetafunction New commenter

5. bramblesarah

bramblesarah Occasional commenter

The guidance is changing on Saturday so you can meet up to 6 people inside. I am going back to my first client on Tuesday. I have told parents face-to-face can start in August, but it is up to each indivdual family. I am going to ask them if/when they want to return.

6. phatsals

phatsals Senior commenter

I've looked at the latest guidance for schools come September and will be staying online. Although the social distancing between pupils is changing, teachers are being advised to stay 2m away from the class. In high schools entire year groups are supposed to stay in their bubbles. Who know how long this will be for, but clearly winter will cause real pressure.

It's far too complicated for me. The very idea is unnerving, particularly after Leicester went back into lock down. It just confirms how far we are (not) out of the woods. My hairdresser sent an email earlier about appointments, it's disposable gown, towels and face masks for all clients (£5 additional charge). Although there is obvious contact, the actual distance between faces is greater than between me and my tutees. It just added to my conviction of 'not yet'.

7. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

I'm starting back next week. I have mainly adult clients doing conversation. We can easily sit apart.