1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

possible resource for activities on bullying

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by durgamata, Mar 26, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hello PHSEites,

I'm an RE teacher and have quite a lot of resources uploaded which relate to RE but the most recent one I've shared is the story about when we moved to London and my son was bullied. I wrote it a few years ago and had forgotten about it until searching old hard-drives for something else.

I think it would make an interesting activity to read and discuss in class - perhaps in instalments asking for students to comment on similar situations they remember - role play the characters, discuss the mother's responses or to write to give the boy who is getting bullied, giving him advice - or to guess how it was going to move forwards.

The actual solution may be strange for the students. That in itself may result in some interesting discussion or debate. What do they think about spiritual power? Do they think we understand everything that is going on? Have they ever experienced 'miracles' or things that science is not able to explain?

You may like to show some of the clips of him in a play last year when he had the role of Buddha. (VIDY 123 Siddhartha becomes the Buddha) There is some info and photos on this in my resources, too.