1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible permanent vacancy at current school: procedure?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, May 5, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Hi all, im an NQT in a one year contract. Was told earlier in the year that the contract wouldnt be renewed due to financial reasons, so have been looking elsewhere. It now seems that there might be a vacancy, a teacher is likely to give their resignation in tomorrow, bout 99% certain. What is the procedure? Do i tell the head id be interested, will she talk to me first? I did tell her that i was considering moving back towards family, but im now staying put, so would definately be interested in staying at my current school!! Dont want to step on any toes until i know for definate that the teacher has handed in her resignation, but also dont want to seem like im pressuring her!!!
    How do i go about it all

2. rainbowdrop86

Hi all, im an NQT in a one year contract. Was told earlier in the year that the contract wouldnt be renewed due to financial reasons, so have been looking elsewhere. It now seems that there might be a vacancy, a teacher is likely to give their resignation in tomorrow, bout 99% certain. What is the procedure? Do i tell the head id be interested, will she talk to me first? I did tell her that i was considering moving back towards family, but im now staying put, so would definately be interested in staying at my current school!! Dont want to step on any toes until i know for definate that the teacher has handed in her resignation, but also dont want to seem like im pressuring her!!!
    How do i go about it all

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Maybe have a conversation along the lines of. I am looking for a permanent post, but should one come up here I'd much rather stay than go. Make it clear you would like to stay and then it is up to her.

Don't let on you know there is one, she'll work out herself that you have heard.

4. rainbowdrop86

thanks for ur advice
    anyone ever been in this situation?
    do they have to advertise, or would they just interview both of us NQT's? or are they within their right just to offer it to one of us without interviewing?

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Any of those, though they oughtn't to do the last.