1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible loophole

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by darkness, Jan 7, 2012.

1. darkness

darkness New commenter

Just posted in the NQT forum, but thought it would be well placed here too.

Just thought I would share a thought. Limits on supply rule whilst you still need to complete induction, you could always just call yourself a cover supervisor. And I am being serious here, you could just call yourself a cover supervisor and not be hindered by the ruling. The ruling specifically aimed at those who are called supply teachers, but the education act of 2002/03 specifically states that even those undertaking a cover supervisor role can carry out specified work.

So if you find yourself in a jam with the 4 term limit rule or 5 year in Wales, just call yourself a cover supervisor. I don't think it would work if you go through an LA supply pool, but certainly, many supply agencies are doing this as are self employed teachers.

2. darkness

darkness New commenter

People in Wales now have to pay £44 a year. How long until it reaches a hundred you think?

3. historygrump

historygrump Lead commenter Forum guide

Darkness, did you know that people with a pgce in FE can apply for QTLS, which is likely to become equal in status to QTS from later on this year and so allow them to work in schools as fully qualified teachers.It may be worth looking at the IFL site.