1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

possible interview questions of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children??

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sparklequeen, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Hiya, i have just secured an interview for a reception class teacher job and it is a one hour interview with the head, governer and another member of staff. the letter states that the questions will be based on the job and person spec which is fine, i can pretty much prepare for this. it also specifically states that there will be additional questiosn relating to safegaurding and promoting the welfare of children.... does anyone have any ideas of what kind of questions i would be likely to be asked and any tips on some great answers????

thank you in advance!!! xx

2. Hiya, i have just secured an interview for a reception class teacher job and it is a one hour interview with the head, governer and another member of staff. the letter states that the questions will be based on the job and person spec which is fine, i can pretty much prepare for this. it also specifically states that there will be additional questiosn relating to safegaurding and promoting the welfare of children.... does anyone have any ideas of what kind of questions i would be likely to be asked and any tips on some great answers????

thank you in advance!!! xx

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

4. This came up in two ways in my recent interview - albeit for a post-16 post.
    There was an in-tray activity which had two scenerios that I had to respond to - one of them was obviously relating to safeguarding of children.
    In the interview they referred to my responses and asked me which of the two scenerios I would deal with first if they happened at the same time - I picked the safeguarding one and made sure to explain that I would have dealt with that one first because it was relating to the safeguarding of children.
    Then also in the interview I had two questions asking how I had dealt with / helped a student with a personal problem (make sure you don't say that you will deal with it all by yourself / make sure you say that you would refer it to the child protection officer in the school/ and also say that you would tell the student that you can't keep it confidential).
    Hope this helps
    Good luck

5. There are interview questions on the internet - google teacher, interview questions.
    Bound to be something on creative curriculum. behaviour, equal ops.

Hope his helps.
    R x