1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible IBS?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by anteater, Dec 23, 2010.

1. anteater

anteater New commenter

IBS can present with many different symptoms. I suffered from it for many years, though, and it was never accompanied by nausea. Abdominal migraine does exist, and would make you feel sick - it is a far more specific diagnosis than IBS, so maybe your doctor was not trying to fob you off.
    I hope it doesn't ruin your holiday, and make sure you get yourself to the doctor's - if it was a few years since you went, you might get some fresh thinking on it!

2. Thanks for the reply anteater.
    Maybe it is abdominal migraine after all then - It just seemed odd as there was no suggestion of ways to ease symptons etc, just a diagnosis and I was sent on my merry way!

3. I think they go for IBS when there are clearly symptoms but no physical abnormality to account for them.

4. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

My abdominal symptoms include nausea and have been ascribed to IBS. I think it isn't an exact science. 'IBS' is a bit of a catch'all I think.