1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible Epilepsy/Blackouts Worry about 'Fit to Teach' PGCE place

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by PollyannaB, May 25, 2011.

1. Hi Mararnril,
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I do hope so, the TDA site seems positive. I will have to see what happens when the forms have been sent to my GP/consultant. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed as I really want a place (although I know I'm still only on the reserve list but still stand a good chance if the health clearance is positive as I'm near the top of the list.)

Thanks again :)

2. Hi, im doing the same course as you providing i get the results i need :) :)
    There are only nine of us, so pleased to 'meet' you!!
    Are you excited?
    Do you plan to live in birmingham or already live there?

Sarah x

3. Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for posting, it's nice to hear from someone else who will be doing the course. I live in Leicester and will be travelling every day if my reserve place becomes a real place. I think they'll be more than nine people as Newman have taken on the PGCE from Warwick that isn't running now and the course is full. The TDA allocation for Newman was 17 but with the cuts who knows how many they'll actually be! I'd just love to be one of them.

What results are you waiting for? Good luck on whatever it is your waiting for!

I'm still waiting to hear whether I'm in or not or whether it's a case if applying next year. I know occupational health have written to my GP it's just the nerve wracking waiting game!