1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible dismissal, what next?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Bonnie23, Apr 14, 2019.

1. MissGeorgi

MissGeorgi Occasional commenter

I totally understand about planning for worst case scenario.
    I left a management position in a school which was rotten to the core. I thought i’d be stuffed. But I went on supply (agencies will always take you on) and now I’m in a great school. I know I’m a good teacher, I’ve proven myself to this new school and I’m being kept on longer term.

2. CWadd

CWadd Star commenter

Take a deep breath and a step back.

You need to get your regional rep on board ASAP. I wouldn't waste a second ruminating on the fact that others are involved but you seem to be the only one suspended. That detracts you from taking positive steps about your own situation. And I agree with @nomad - wait until you have the final outcome before you make any hasty decisions.

3. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

4. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

I'm assuming you have been suspended on full pay?
    Cross that bridge if you get to it - for the time being, enjoy being away from the classroom, do things that keep you occupied and make you happy, and try not to worry.

5. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

Nine years ago I was dismissed (older Tessers may remember my story). I was devastated. I thought I'd never get another teaching job. I joined an agency and within 3 months of being dismissed (late July) I was offered a temporary position. The school was horrendous but led me to another school and then teaching abroad. Now I'm in a permanent position back in UK and what happened is a distant memory.
    So, yes it is possible to continue teaching after being dismissed (depending on reason for dismissal). I wish you all the best.

6. Bonnie23

Bonnie23 Occasional commenter

Our school seems to be a strange one that we are in school this week. It's been two days and I haven't heard anything. I don't know whether to directly contact the school or not?

agathamorse likes this.
  7. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

I do have a special place in my heart for TESSERS such as @FollyFairy. Not only have you been through troubled times you then make yourself available for others that are currently going through their own stresses by offering hope and comfort after recovering g from your own experiences.
    God bless you

agathamorse and IanG like this.
  8. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

No!
    Contact your union and leave it all in their hands.

agathamorse and Piranha like this.
  9. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

You are very kind. Thank you x