1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Possible career change advise

Discussion in 'Primary' started by beckiepurves, Jun 28, 2017.

1. beckiepurves

beckiepurves New commenter

Hello,

I'm 26 yrs old and have been working full time as a primary teacher for almost 3 years. I have recently come back from travelling for 6 months and am considering a change in career.

I have always had very positive feedback on my teaching and worked in a fantastic school before going travelling. Although I love working with children I really don't enjoy all the 'extras' that teaching requires. My ideal job would be working within or between a school setting and an office with individual children or small groups. I am interested in jobs involving therapy/counselling (although I have no experience in this) or something to do with SEND or children with social/behavioural needs. My idea job would be Art Therapy but I am aware there is a lack on jobs within this country and many people have to do voluntary or locum work.

As you can see I'm really not sure what I want to do, but would really appreciate any ideas or advice on how to move into these above areas or what job roles they may include.

Thank you!!

2. beckiepurves

I am also willing to go back into higher education to achieve any of this.

3. NQT08

NQT08 Occasional commenter

Become a spelling consultant?

4. beckiepurves

Sorry 'Advice', I did this after a long day of work.