1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

possible capability / culture of blame?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by daddy83, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Working in a non teaching role, in recent weeks I have been tagged to a curriculum area to facilitate support for learners, at current all timetables are a mess and the grouping are all skewed, im concerned I could be taken down the capability route, however, there was never any handover meeting / transition or briefing between me and the previous memeber of staff who had ownership of the area at that time so on that basis I have been firefighting ever since, would management have a case??

2. Working in a non teaching role, in recent weeks I have been tagged to a curriculum area to facilitate support for learners, at current all timetables are a mess and the grouping are all skewed, im concerned I could be taken down the capability route, however, there was never any handover meeting / transition or briefing between me and the previous memeber of staff who had ownership of the area at that time so on that basis I have been firefighting ever since, would management have a case??

3. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

i would ensure that you have made your concerns know to ?your line manager. if no one knows what you have been doing then perhaps they would assume the blame was on you. arrange a meeting and discuss your concerns, what your plans are and what you have done so far - ensure that this is offically documented