1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

possible aspergers/ exclusion from primary school

Discussion in 'Personal' started by harsh-but-fair, Jul 6, 2011.

1. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

There are so many Hmmmmmmmmmmmmms there ....

2. Forgive my suspicious mind but it looks like someone who writes well and has a good vocabulary is trying VERY hard to disguise his/her style. Not what I'd do in a first post.
    Hmmmm indeed.

3. I am afraid your post is quite hard to understand, so forgive me if i miss anything.
    Why didn't he have kit for sports day? My daughter has similar issues, and while i cannot prevent every meltdown that happens at school (oh how I wish I could), its my responsibiliuty to make sure that she has all her kit, hat, swimming things, lunch money, notes, etc to avoid these typical causes of meltdown. Is he on SA / SA+ /statemented? Have you had meetings with the SENCO? Does he have an IEP?
    Why are you not sending him to school? Do you feel that he can't cope with morning sessions? If I am reading your post correctly, he has not been to school at all since his last exclusion.
    I don't really understand your issue about the day when he was excluded immediately after lunch. If he had coped through the morning, there was no reason to warn you of his "bad day" at lunchtime- he hadn't had a bad day at that point. I don't think his burger has anything to do with it.

4. Where are you getting that from? I agree that this may well be a troll post, but I see no signs of a good vocabulary! i moderate a parenting forum and believe me, we have no end of members who write just like this person.

5. Perhaps sophisticated usage, rather than vocabulary?

For example:
    *this is th 3rd day i wil not be sinding him to school. am i right to do this?
    *yet im less than happy with the way he was handled in the last 3 meltdowns at school
    *if they had handled him properly, they would have been able to stop it escalating as it did
    *he was fine as we ate lunch, although he complained his burger was dry and overcooked
    *my poor boy must have been struggling with such a hectic day yet the school didnt even try and contact me

Use of fairly sophisticated construction, connectives to create longer more complex sentences, yet all capitals in lower case, sentences not demarcated and punctuation completely awry.
    Might be quite difficult to do that........
    Trolls often try to disguise their style.
    A first post too, from a 'concerned' parent who doesn't send her son to school with the correct PE kit, even though he has Aspergers?
    Just a few of the 'hmmmms' that sprang to mind on first reading.
    Forgive my suspicious mind.

6. good catch. Well, lets see if the OP comes back and elaborates further.

7. I could offer lots of help here, but don't want to do so, if there is any doubt about how genuine this is :s
    I agree that something doesn't seem quite right, but like to give the benefit of the doubt.
    Perhaps the OP could be a bit more specific about the type of help they are in need of, and someone would be happy to help.

8. Me too doglover...
    I just get the feeling that this wouldn't be the place a concerned Mum would first use to post for help, you know?
    I know the subject is close to your heart, so I am sorry if I seemed dismissive. It just didn't ring true.....like you said, more generously, 'something doesn't seem quite right' . I agree and I tend to be the last one to go troll-seeking, accepting most things at face value.

9. Not at all, Arched Eyebrow, I didn't find you dismissive at all. I share your concerns.
    I would be very upset if I was to invest time and emotion in a post like this, and it turned out it wasn't genuine.
    I am sorry to the OP if this is a genuine post, and we appear to be unhelpful. That is not at all the case. If you want to further discuss the issues, then maybe you could elaborate a little.

10. jellycowfish

jellycowfish New commenter

Forgive my naivety - what's a troll?

11. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

12. jellycowfish

jellycowfish New commenter

ooh, thanks!