1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Positives and negatives of working afternoons only

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by handrail, Apr 15, 2011.

1. handrail

handrail New commenter

I'm currently on maternity leave after having my first baby and have requested to go back part time as of September - I previously worked full time in Early Years. I requested 3 full days - my school have offered me 0.5 - afternoons in Y1 OR full time in Reception. Neither option is what I wanted and I can't decide what to do. I really don't want to be full time so I am trying to talk myself into doing afternoons. Apart from it being a year group I've never taught before I can't help but wonder if I'll end up clock watching all morning. The time with my son would be lovely but I would have preferred to have had some full days off with him :(
    Can anybody offer me their experiences of working afternoons only? Thank you.

2. handrail

handrail New commenter

I'm currently on maternity leave after having my first baby and have requested to go back part time as of September - I previously worked full time in Early Years. I requested 3 full days - my school have offered me 0.5 - afternoons in Y1 OR full time in Reception. Neither option is what I wanted and I can't decide what to do. I really don't want to be full time so I am trying to talk myself into doing afternoons. Apart from it being a year group I've never taught before I can't help but wonder if I'll end up clock watching all morning. The time with my son would be lovely but I would have preferred to have had some full days off with him :(
    Can anybody offer me their experiences of working afternoons only? Thank you.